Railtrac B42V is a welding tractor system that can be configured to create the optimal solution for your mechanized welding application. To minimize problems associated with harsh environments, most mechanical parts are constructed in aluminum or stainless steel. The system is designed for horizontal and vertical up and down when applicable.
Railtrac B42V can be easily connected to most ESAB wire feeders with no major modification. Remote adapters have to be mounted in feeders Aristo© Feed 3004/4804, Origo™ Feed 304/484 and Warrior™ Feed 304. Railtrac B42V features different torch holders for various applications.
With the optional Orbital kit you can convert the B42V into a pipe welder that can be used for orbital welding of pipes from 20 in. and up, in horizontal and vertical joints, with or without weaving.
- 42V AC powered from power source or battery driven with standard Makita 18V system
- Possible to program a specific welding length with auto return to start position
- Stepper motors both for drive and weaving function with extremely high precision. Wide speed range available in a single unit
- Remote is programmable for weave patterns and travel speed and is capable of controlling voltage and wire feed speed in up to 5 standard programs
- Unit can be programmed and run directly from the controls on the Railtrac machine if the remote control is lost, damaged or not preferred
- Ship and Offshore Yards
- Ship/Barge Building
- Tank and Vessel Fabrication
- Structural Steel Fabrication
- Heavy Fabrication
- Repair and Maintenance
Specifications and Dimensions
|Max Load||10 kg (22 lb)|
|Conditional Qualification||w/Battery (optional)|
|Max Load||5 kg (11 lb)|
Capacities and Temperatures
|Temperature, Machine and Magnets||158 °F|
|Temperature, Machine and Magnets||70 °C|
|Temperature, Vacuum Attachment||194 °F|
|Temperature, Vacuum Attachment||90 °C|
|Travel Speed||30 mm/sec (72 in./min)|
|Travel Speed||25 mm/sec (60 in./min)|
Measurements and Dimensions
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||8.3 x 14.2 x 10.6 in.|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||210 x 360 x 270 mm|
|Slide Height Adjustment||± 1.8 in.|
|Slide Height Adjustment||± 45 mm|
|Connection Voltage||24 - 70 VDC|
|Connection Voltage||20 - 50 VAC|
|Conditional Qualification||Battery (optional)|
|Max Power Output||50 W|
Interested in this product? Contact us.
To find an ESAB distributor, just use the distributor locator tool featured on every page of our site. Alternatively, you can call our support line at +65 6318 2608. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will point you in the right direction.
Part Numbers and Accessories
*Makita<sup>®</sup> Battery 5Ah Li-ion BL1850 (196673-6) can be bought locally in hardware store.